Hi all,

I have docking poses (from AutoDockVina) in a format that does not provide bond information, and there is no information on hydrogens atoms unless they are important for hydrogens bonds. I was assigning the bond orders from the original reference structure or it's smiles string using the methods in https://gist.github.com/ptosco/4844d3635cf14d11e5e14381993915c1 using AllChem.AssignBondOrdersFromTemplate() and adding the original hydrogens back on. This approach does not work well when I have -COOH groups present. In AssignBondOrdersFromTemplate, the substructure match almost always assigns the oxygens the opposite way so that my resulting structure is -C(OH)=OH which can't be sanitized in the end. I would like to keep the configuration of the docking output.

Is there a way to correct that in an automated way? I have quite a few poses with that problem and can't do that manually.

I have uploaded a gist with an example problem here: https://gist.github.com/c4asma/b338321238d1924cc2964612ed278e9e Here, oxygen with atom number 46 has the hydrogen, and number 45 should be assigned a double bond (input 7). But, after AllChem.AssignBondOrdersFromTemplate() oxygen 46 is assigned the double bond (input 15)

Thank you,
Mariana