Hi,

a similar question has come up recently on the RDKit mailing list:

https://www.mail-archive.com/rdkit-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net/msg08995.html

the GetUFFVdWParams() and GetMMFFVdWParams() functions will return the vdW parameters for UFF and MMFF94 force fields, respectively. For UFF the function indeed returns sigma and epsilon van der Waals parameters for atoms with indexes idx1, idx2 as a (x_ij, D_ij) tuple, as per the vdW functional form in UFF:

However, for MMFF94, as explained in the link reported above, the parameters returned by GetMMFFVdWParams() are not quite sigma and epsilon as the vdW term uses a different 14-7 term with combination rules which depend on the chemical nature of the two particles.

Cheers,
Paolo