Hi Eric,

it looks like the GUID in rdkit/utils/chemdraw.py might be outdated.

Unfortunately I don't have access to ChemDraw, so I can't test this myself, but you might be able to find the current ChemDraw GUID as follows.

From a Python prompt, issue the following commands:

|fromwin32com.client importcombrowse combrowse.main()|

This will pop up a COM browser. Expand the "Registered Type Libraries" and look for ChemDraw. Expand it, and you should find the IID (which is a GUID) corresponding to ChemDraw. Try replacing 5F646AAB-3B56-48D2-904C-A68D7989C251 in rdkit/utils/chemdraw.py and see if it helps.

Cheers,
p.