Of no help to Francesco whatsoever, but to save anyone else the bother...
I’ve just taken the “from __future__...” bit out of the getting started
docs in the PR I have open at the moment. It doesn’t seem worth its own PR
but it needs to be acknowledged that we are now in the future 😀.

Dave

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 at 16:25, Francesco Coppola <
coppolafrancesco1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm Francesco Coppola a recent graduate student in Medicinal Chemistry in
> Italy. Now I'm in Manchester and I'm doing a traineeship in computational
> chemistry. During my thesis work, I deal with Docking programs (and they
> always had an interface), now instead I'm trying to work with Python,
> Terminal and interpreter.
>
> I have searched on a thousand sites and blogs but I just can't install
> RDKit on a Windows pc.
> In particular, I have a problem when I would activate the environment.
>
> I have the latest version of RDKit (the folder is on my desktop and *just*
> copied/pasted in c: ).
>
> First I followed this command:
>
> conda create -c rdkit -n my-rdkit-env rdkit
>
> Done this installation, I type:
>
> conda activate my-rdkit-env
>
> Now in Ananaconda Prompt, I see:
>
> (my-rdkit-env) c:\Users\HP>
>
> (and in fact, I can find this file "my-rdkit-env in the folder env of
> Anaconda3)
>
> But now, I'm not in Python. So I type
> py
>
> and Python 3.8.2 starts
>

> Now I follow this guide:
> https://www.rdkit.org/docs/GettingStartedInPython.html, and I Type the
> first two command line:

> But it don't works.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "<stdin>, line 1, in <module>
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'rdkit'
> >>>

> I need a guide that tells me what to do step by step.
>
> Sorry if I disturbed you, I hope you can help me..I'm completely
> inexperienced but I am trying to learn.
>
> Sorry for the trouble.
>
> Best regards
> Francesco

David Cosgrove
Freelance computational chemistry and chemoinformatics developer
http://cozchemix.co.uk