Hi Axel,

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 6:21 PM Axel Pahl <axelp...@gmx.de> wrote:

> is anyone aware of efforts for creating "bridging" C wrappers for the
> RDKit?
> This would make it easier to bind the toolkit to other programming
> languages, in addition to Python and Java.

I'm not aware of any active/existing projects, but I've been also thinking
about this possibility in a couple of occasions.

Could the existing SWIG interface be perused for this?

as far as I know, this isn't (or at least wasn't) directly possible. SWIG
includes the core functionality required to generate these wrappers, but C
is not a supported target language. Last time I checked a mostly functional
but not ready to merge GSoC branch existed, that was aimed at providing
this feature, but I am not sure it made any progress.

Best,
Riccardo