Dear RDKit Users,

For your information (and to make a bit of advertisement):
We have recently developed and published an extension of the ETKDG conformer
generator to improve sampling of small and large rings, which is available in
the 2020.03 release of the RDKit.

Shuzhe Wang, Jagna Witek, Greg Landrum, Sereina Riniker, J. Chem. Inf. Model.,
60, 2044 (2020)
"Im­prov­ing Con­former Gen­er­a­tion for Small Rings and Mac­ro­cycles Based
on Dis­tance Geo­metry and Ex­per­i­mental Torsional-​Angle Pref­er­ences”
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jcim.0c00025

If you want to try it out, Shuzhe has added a section in the RDKit cookbook to
showcase the new functionalities:
https://github.com/rdkit/rdkit/blob/master/Docs/Book/Cookbook.rst#conformer-generation-with-etkdg

We hope that you find it useful and we’re happy for any feedback!

Best regards,
Sereina

 - - -

Prof. Dr. Sereina Riniker