Hi Joanna,

I put a small gist here:

https://gist.github.com/ptosco/49bdfc55db7277c7c94aca71b69f64b5

which reads SMILES and compound names from a CSV string; you may easily modify the code to read from a CSV file.

Note that you could actually even just use Chem.SmilesMolSupplierFromText() if you already know the indices of the columns containing SMILES and compound name; you may check the documentation of the function here:

http://rdkit.org/docs/source/rdkit.Chem.rdmolfiles.html?highlight=smilesmolsupplier#rdkit.Chem.rdmolfiles.SmilesMolSupplierFromText

Cheers,

p.