Dear colleagues,

I am trying to energy minimize a molecule without the electric term.

I figure that I can use the SetMMFFEleTerm function, as described in
http://rdkit.org/docs/source/rdkit.ForceField.rdForceField.html#rdkit.ForceField.rdForceField.MMFFMolProperties.SetMMFFEleTerm

which operates on a MMFFMolProperties object, which can be obtained using
MMFFGetMoleculeProperties, as described in
https://www.rdkit.org/docs/source/rdkit.Chem.rdForceFieldHelpers.html#rdkit.Chem.rdForceFieldHelpers.MMFFGetMoleculeProperties

But there is no MMFFSetMoleculeProperties function. So how can I make use
of this updated MMFFMolProperties object?

I also tried to see if the SetMMFFEleTerm function can act in place, by
having
Chem.rdForceFieldHelpers.MMFFGetMoleculeProperties(mol).SetMMFFEleTerm(False)
prior to
AllChem.MMFFOptimizeMolecule(mol)
But this does not work.

Thanks for your help.