Hi Lauren,

SMARTS doesn't have a direct way of saying an atom is non-racemic, but you
can express that idea using recursive SMARTS. For example,

In [46]: racemic =
Chem.MolFromSmiles('c12ccccc1cncc2NC(=O)C(CCO2)c1cc(Cl)ccc12')

In [47]: chiral1 = Chem.MolFromSmiles('c12ccccc1cncc2NC(=O)[C@H
](CCO2)c1cc(Cl)ccc12')

In [48]: chiral2 = Chem.MolFromSmiles('c12ccccc1cncc2NC(=O)[C@
@H](CCO2)c1cc(Cl)ccc12')

In [49]: [m.HasSubstructMatch(Chem.MolFromSmarts('c12ccccc1cncc2NC(=O)
[CH;!$([@])](CC)c1cc(Cl)ccc1'), useChirality=True) for m in [racemic,
chiral1, chiral2]]

Out[49]: [True, False, False]

Where the highlighted atom [CH;!$([@])] means "a carbon with a hydrogen AND