On 25/06/2021 02:57, Michal Krompiec wrote:
Hello,
Is it possible to install RDKit on MacOSX in a Python 3.8 environment?
There is no conda binary for 3.8, so I tried homebrew. But the
following gives me an error message (brew doesn't like the
--with-python3 argument):

brew install rdkit --with-python3 --without-numpy

So I did just "brew install rdkit", but then rdkit is unimportable in
Python ("No module named 'rdkit'"). What am I doing wrong?

You are not using the python interpreter for which rdkit
was installed by brew.

Check what the brew installer of rdkit is doing, especially
look which python version it installs rdkit for.

Alternatively, fire up each and every python interpreter
installed on your computer, and try 'import rdkit'
until you find the one for which it works.

Regards,
F.

I'm using brew 3.2.0 on MacOS 11.4

Thanks in advance,