Hi,

PATH is not a variable used by the RDKit, that's something which is used by
your operating system, so you'd need to check however your operating system
handles non-ASCII characters.

The RDKit does use the variable RDBASE, which is handled internally by
reading it into an 8 bit string, so I guess there we are limited to things
like UTF-8. I will take a look and see if there's a way we can extend that
to allow generic unicode support.

-greg