Dear users,

I am trying to math a triazole scaffold using SMARTS notation. My code is shown below:

query = 'N1N=NC=C1'
template = '[NX3H1]1[N]=[N][C]=[C]1'
mol = Chem.MolFromSmiles(query)
mol.HasSubstructMatch(Chem.MolFromSmarts(template))

This results in 'False'. By depicting the structures I can see that the SMARTS pattern is not including the explicit hydrogen in the structure. However as long as I understand I am indicating the nitrogen atom to contain the explicit hydrogen ('[NX3H1]'). However the structure is show as aromatic.

Can anyone suggest what is wrong with my code? the SMARTS pattern or some keyword to make hydrogens explicit?

thanks in advance for the support,

regards

Alfredo