Hi James,

Thanks for the quick reply!

You're quite right, I'm simply interested in the virtual reaction to remove
the boronates. Thank you for fixing my incorrect mapping. At some point, I
had had the aryl carbon properly specified, but I clearly lost my way with
it along my quest.

Sadly, the reaction_smarts = "[c:1][B;R0](O)O>>[*:1]" still does not remove
any of the boronates from my input smiles, but it sounds like everything
else about the specification of the reaction is correct, so I'll get there
at some point with the right reaction_smarts.

Thanks again,

Katrina