Title: Todd Cory
Wrenches,

I always use the e-meter (now brand X's link 10) on my off grid systems. IMO this is the best amp hour meter out there mostly because of the simple bar graph display for customers not well versed in amps/watts/amp hours/volts etc.

Last week I was completing work on an off grid system and was frustrated by a troublesome link-10. After checking, double checking and triple checking the wiring I determined the problem was in the meter. I drove out there again today with two spares in the truck, and they both behaved the same way. After another hour of troubleshooting, I discovered the problem is related to meter's light sensor that brightens the display when the ambient lighting is brighter. Every time bright light hit the display the meter blinked off and back on as if the power was interrupted. To temporarily resolve this, I put black electrical tape over the sensor. The serial numbers on the two meters in my truck are 64613 & 63677.

Has anyone else discovered this latest manufacturing problem with the link-10? What is Xantrex's policy on reimbursing wrenches for wasted time and mileage troubleshooting poor quality control?

Todd
--

Todd Cory

KE6SXS

toddc...@finestplanet.com

Mt. Shasta Energy Services

License C-10  #811428

P.O. Box 689

Mt. Shasta, CA. 96067

(530) 926-1079

“I'd put my money on solar energy...I hope we don't have to wait till oil and coal run out before we tackle that."

∞ Thomas Edison, in conversation with Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone, March 1931