All,

Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) is a statistical number that is based on failure rates of components in a piece of equipment, under specific operating conditions. Numerical analysis, with testing and historical data, results in this calculated number. MTBF can be applied to a number of real world mechanisms. For example, the MTBF of most solar modules is on the order of 600 years. The MTBF of an average American 30-something year old male is 900 years. Enphase will shortly be publishing a white paper that explains how MTBF ratings are determined and gives more details about the MTBF rating of our micro-inverter.

If you would like, I'll post a notification on this list when the paper is available.

See Ya!

Marv
Enphase Energy
707 763-4784 x7016