This seem ridiculous to me..... the idea that an inspector is having you
ground a hot water collector is akin to requiring a pressure relief valve on
a  pv module.  Or am I missing something here?  Ask the manufacturer of  the
hot water panel where in the UL listed  connection point for the  bonding
point is.  If required (oh the horror) then there will be  one.  They manu
will most likely just laugh or say "wha?" In any case, the  plumbing
(copper?), unless isolated from the household by di-electrics, is  grounded
quite
nicely and can serve as your 'ground' path.

Pat Redgate
Ameco Solar, Inc.

In a message dated 9/21/2009 8:21:21 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  daryl_sola
r...@yahoo.com writes:

I have  seen problems if the array is not grounded.
dt