Not to take this thread too far into the land of metaphors, but I'm sure
everyone knows that by the time a vehicle's oil pressure light comes on, severe
engine damage has already been done.

My point is, most of our current earthly problems are because people do not
want to be "bothered" with thinking about where their energy comes from, how
much they use, or what the environmental repercussions of their consumption is.
So now it seems to me we are trying to enable that unconsciousness with auto
genny starts, auto battery watering systems and gigantic, lipstick on a pig
sized arrays? This is symptom solving folks... and will never lead to where we
need to go.

If someone is unable or unwilling to do something as simple as checking the
electrolyte level in their batteries, maybe we should consider whether a grid
tie/w battery backup system is appropriate for them?

rant off... Todd

On Friday, December 11, 2009 9:30am, "Brian Teitelbaum"