I concur with William's recommendations and would add a couple of things.

Only use stainless steel hardware for all battery connections.
Wire brush connection surfaces prior to mating.
Use corrosion inhibiting grease on all fittings after making them (to seal out
air).

Lastly, It is a good idea to use stainless Belleville washers (cupped spring
washers) in current carrying connections.

Bolt head, washer, Battery terminal, washer, Belleville washer, locknut.
The spring washer maintains clamping force as the connection expands and
contracts (thermally).
They are very common place in high current bus bar connections but I rarely see
them used on batteries.

Best Regards,

John Berdner
General Manager, North America

SolarEdge Technologies, Inc.
3347 Gateway Boulevard, Fremont CA 94538 USA  (*Please note of our new address.)
T: 510.498.3200, X 747