> 7 to 12 kW for residential systems? wow... its hard for me to believe there
> is not some waste there.

I have found that the home owner's target system price point has stayed the
same over the years even as prices have fell. So our systems have just gotten
bigger to cover more of their loads.

Also, we have more clients asking to go all-electric heating and cooling, and
net-zero PV to get themselves into a pure renewable space. This has made a lot
more sense in the last 2 years as PV has out-priced solar hot water as a more
economical way to go.

Also, big houses, often have big consumption. And really if they are going near
net-zero, we should only commend them.

thanks,

Troy Harvey