From: re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org
[mailto:re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf Of Hilton Dier III
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:09 AM
To: re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org
Subject: [RE-wrenches] Defective modules

Greetings wrenches,

I'm sure many of you have seen this article in the New York Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/29/business/energy-environment/solar-powers-dark-side.html?hp&_r=1&;

I have already gotten an email from a panicked client asking about canceling
his project.

First question: Has anybody dealt with defective modules lately, and if so,
what brands?
Second question: How much does this affect first-tier manufacturers (Trina,
Suntech, Yingli...) and how much of this is "no-name" brands?
Third question: Is this restricted to a particular technology such as thin film?

And the big question: How do we deal with this? I can imagine the fossil fuel
and nuclear industries promoting this story with enthusiasm.

Thanks,

Hilton

--

Hilton Dier III