It seems that 690.64(B)1 (2008) prohibits anything but landing the outputs on
dedicated breakers or disable disconnecting means.

Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: "frenergy" <frene...@psln.com>
Sent: ‎10/‎24/‎2014 11:05
To: "RE-wrenches" <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>
Subject: [RE-wrenches] AC combiners

Wrenches,

        ...its the little things.  Recently someone here brought up the issue
of combining AC outputs prior to backfeeding the "solar" CB in the mains panel.
 In the past I've run AC outs from inverters into a small AC dist panel,
backfeeding CBs and then ran my combined AC out from a larger CB or the busses
themselves to the backfed CB in the mains panel.  Is this overkill?

           It does seem as though, at least for just 2 inverters, this could be
done with just split bolts in a gutter or dedicated J-box....or a power
distribution block??  Or...??  (no wire nuts, thank you) Your ideas appreciated.

Bill
Feather River Solar Electric