Al,

Will you be relying on the 120% rule for your interconnection (i.e., do you
anticipate exceeding the ampacity of the conductors you’re connecting to?)?  If
not, you don’t have to worry about going to the opposite end of the busbar.

If you’re on the 2014 NEC, the feeder taps rules for inverters are clarified a
bit at 705.12(D)(2).  The way I read it, you can either make sure the feeder is
sized for both the primary OCP and the inverter -OR- you can verify that the
OCP on the load side of the tap doesn’t exceed the feeder ampacity.  This would
mean that the interconnection can basically be sized to the feeder ampacity.

Other than that, I don’t see any other issues other than making sure you treat
each interconnection as a separate “system”, which would include disconnect,
labeling and directory requirements.

Isaac Opalinsky | Technical Trainer | SunPower Corporation
Desk 443-569-3476 | Cell 443-277-6286

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Allen Frishman