David,
Windy's system sizing spreadsheet was first developed in the 1990s or so, when
PV was expensive and lead (and copper) were relatively cheap. In those days,
"one panel per battery" was a standard rule of thumb -but panels were seldom
more than 55 watts, so 110 watts (6 1/2 A) was about standard for a pair of
golf carts. That's a C/34 charge rate, max.

This past spring Windy and I revised that spreadsheet to reflect modern sizing
and economics. It now works with any module cell count, for example. Contact me
off list if you'd like a copy. (Be patient for the reply as I'm currently
traveling.)