The aluminum flashing sounds great.
I will fill the holes with sealant, re-insert the nails/screws and then cover
all the screw heads with sealant and smooth it out.
If I can scoop some clean aggregate out of the gutter then I spread it over the
smoothed sealant and it blends in so you don't even see the sealant (which is
black and barely noticeable from the ground anyway)

I wish more homes around here used ridge vent caps. It would limit the number
of roof vents spread out across the roof.

Benn Kilburn
SkyFire Energy Inc.
780-906-7807

> On Jan 8, 2016, at 9:02 AM, Dave Tedeyan <dtede...@taitem.com> wrote:
>
> If the customer is very particular, we'll replace the shingle. But most of
> the time we just put in an aluminum flashing under the shingle.
> -Dave
>

> --
>
> Dave Tedeyan
> Project Engineer
>
> Taitem Engineering, PC
> 109 S. Albany Street, Ithaca, NY 14850
> Voice: (607) 277-1118 x121
> www.taitem.com
>
>> On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Drake
>> <drake.chamber...@redwoodalliance.org> wrote:
>> What method do you use to repair the shingles?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Drake
>>
>> At 09:59 AM 1/8/2016, you wrote:
>>> We use similar anchors.
>>> http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3M-PPE-Safety-Solutions/Personal-Protective-Equipment/Products/Product-Catalog/~/3M-Reusable-Roof-Anchorage-Device-4000-1-ea-case?N=5158341+8702288+3294529207+4294886062&rt=rud
>>>

>>> Most shingle roofs we come across have a ridge cap, so we cannot put it
>>> over the ridge.
>>> We used to use RS-10 permanent anchors. They are fairly easy to install,
>>> but we often have arrays going near the peak of the roof, so once modules
>>> go on, the anchor gets covered up.
>>> We just install the 3M ones on the opposite side of the roof, and then
>>> patch the shingles when we are done.
>>>
>>> On a related note, does anyone have a good product to use on a trapezoidal
>>> (agricultural) metal roof?
>>> Currently we tie ropes to large trees and/or structural members on the
>>> opposite side of the roof.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Dave
>>>

>>> --