Hi Folks!  We don't get many jobs installing solar on concrete tile
roofs....there aren't many around here.  In Oregon we are allowed to do an
engineer-less installation on metal and comp roofs when the array is flush
mounted to the roof.  Concrete tile roofs don't fit into this scenario.  My
engineer quoted me $650 for a report authorizing the installation.  Seems
like this is way too expensive for a modest 5kW system.  What are others
doing for concrete tile roof installs.  Engineering required?  We usually
use SnapNRack as our racking system.  (will probably use QuickMount Tile
Replacement Flashings for this project)  Other Oregon installers - any
advice on this hurdle?  Not worried about the technical installation just
the cost and formality of getting an engineers stamp for permits.
Thanks in advance!

Sunny Regards,
Kirpal Khalsa
Oregon LRT#25