I'm taking on construction of a ground mount system of about 30KW. My
previous experience has entailed using a utility truck mounted auger for
the holes but that's expensive. The soil type here is fairly soft, not
rock.  There's no contractor available with a skid steer mounted auger. I
need at least four inch holes, three foot deep. Siz inch would be better.
What are the options? Any novel ideas?
We have a service truck with a 2 ton hydraulic crane, anything I can mount
to that? I don't mind fabricating brackets and mounts, welding parts to it.

--
Chris Mason
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installerâ„¢

www.cometsolar.com <http://www.cometenergysystems.com>