Wrenches,

Attached is a photo of my first thermal runaway event after 17 years and
thousands of battery systems installed. These were in an RV. I checked every
charge source and all are within specified charging parameters. No cause found.
The owner is a single elderly lady that uses very little power in her RV and
spend most of the time on shore power. She reported that the batteries were
dead when she unplugged from shore power. This was i the 23rd month after
installation.

After I reported this to my Fullriver distributor, they told me that another
set of DC400-6 had melted down just 1 month earlier and that they had fused
together just like these. That is extreme heat. It is too peculiar to know of
two similar events. This meltdown happened within the 2 year warranty period
but my customer could not come back to us for another 3 months beyond the
warranty period. Fullriver would not allow anything towards replacement do to
the reporting date being grater than 24 months.

I would like to know has anyone else had a similar failure with Rolls or
Fullriver AGM batteries, specifically L16 size.

Thank you,

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems