Outback has been good at sending a crossover replacement, meaning the new
one arrives then you send back the old one. The MATE3 has problems, I have
replaced one twice.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 9:30 PM Jay <jay.pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dana,
>
> If you look at the graphs, are they smooth or really kind of unclear ?
>
> How often do you clear the internal data?
>
> The mate 3 has a fatal flaw. Th internal data will over write code once
> memory is full.
>
> One indicator is locking up, another is the graphs looking unclear.
>
> It’s recommended to clear it at least every 6 months.
>
> And even with current firmware and clearing memory, I still see it happen.
>
> Jay
>

> On Oct 10, 2018, at 4:51 PM, Dana <d...@solarwork.com> wrote:
>
> My learned fellow Sparkies,
>

> I have at home off-grid Radian with Mate 3 monitor. Periodically &
> randomly my Mate 3 blanks out and requires a reboot (un-plug / re-plug).
> While this is not such a big deal to address, the total loss of ALL the
> performance & usage data is really concerning in the event that I need the
> data for a T/S.
>

> I have not called OB as there is no cell service at or near the system and
> to do so is a huge time killer back & forth & waiting to check again. I am
> convinced the brain trust here is the answer.
>

> Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> Any remedial action to correct this issue?
>

> Let me know & thanks.

> Dana Orzel                                           NABCEP # 051112-136
>
> Cell - 208.721.7003                     Email - d...@solarwork.com
>
> Great Solar Works, Idaho Inc                    www.solarwork.biz
>
> ID PV Contractor - # 028765 -         ID PV Electrician # 028374
>
> "Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"

> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:

> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:

Chris Mason
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installerâ„¢
Solar Design Engineer
Generac Generators Industrial technician

www.cometsolar.com <http://www.cometenergysystems.com>
264.235.5670
869.662.5670
Skype: netconcepts