what is the battery voltage when trying to charge? maybe the BMS says they
don't need any charging?

todd

On Saturday, August 3, 2019 2:35pm, "Mac Lewis" <maclew...@gmail.com> said:

Hi Wrenches,
I've got an issue that I'm remotely trying to troubleshoot but I must be
missing something.
Specs:
Off-grid
Dual Outback FXR 3648s recently installed
FM100, with about 4k of solar
2 x 16 kWh Blue Ion Batteries, installed this past week
Kohler 14 generator
Outback Mate 3s
The issue is that the FXR inverters aren't charging the batteries when the
generator is running, they are just passing the power through to the loads.  I
have verified that AC Input is in "Use" not "Drop" when generator is running, I
have disabled all of the advanced charging (ie Global charge, float
coordination, auto-charge termination and auto grid-tie control) .  I have told
it to "start bulk" both remotely and through the owner on site.  I have done a
reboot multiple times of the whole system as well as the Mate 3s.  I even had
the owner try a factory reset and firmware update on the Mate 3s.  The firmware
was successfully updated and it appears the factory reset on the mate.
Nothing has changed how it behaves with the generator, generator just follows
the load and no AC charging takes place.  Oddly, this was working fine when we
left, we had topped the batteries off with the generator.
Any ideas what I might be missing?
Thanks for your suggestions
--

 Mac Lewis