Matt,

What you are hearing is alternator noise. It's caused by the vibration from the permanent magnets passing by the alternator coils.
All turbines produce some alternator sound, some more than others and the tower itself can act as a resonator, amplifying the sound.

The reason you don't hear it when the turbine is unloaded is because no current is being induced in the alternator coils, so there's
no resistance pushing against the rotor magnets.

Unfortunately, there's nothing much to be done about it.
Roy Butler
Four Winds Renewable Energy, LLC
8902 Route 46, Arkport, NY 14807
607-324-9747  www.four-winds-energy.com

Although no trees were killed in the sending of this message,
a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.