We've discussed AC coupled many times.   Aside from the issues Michael brought up, I need to remind that not having at least some DC  PV charging means that when the AC system shuts down for any reason, so does all the PV charging.  If Li+ batteries get discharged to their low voltage shut off:  Dark Starts anyone? With lead acid, DC coupled PV is just as critical to keep the battery from sulfating.

Which would you want?

Scenario 1:Come back to trouble shoot a system shutdown,  try to reboot, only to find no battery voltage to even test with. or

Scenario 2:  You will have a battery that is being charged, if not already at full charge.

For GTB?, you decide how important this issue is,  but for Off grid you are putting your customer in serious jeopardy without power. Unless they have a manual bypass, the generator won't pass through to the loads, or charge the battery either.  This is not theory, We've had to fix these, and in some cases replace the battery bank that was damaged after sitting dead too long.

My previous post in favor of AC coupling was only as a supplement to a solid DC PV system, or for module level optimization in partial shade conditions.

Ray Walters
Remote Solar
303 505-8760