Hi Mick,

Outback and midnite have a common negative design. So what you describe works
fine.
You can connect the PV neg to the main neg buss and then connect to the CC,
works fine. Ie only 1 negative connect to the controller.

For the Schneider 60-150 controller it doesn’t as it measures on the negative
side. So wouldn't work in that configuration

I’m with dave on the 80-600.
I can’t see it as a danger but not sure how the two controllers handle it.
Would be interesting to see the output!

You’re all good

Jay