If you only want to change over, why not use a contactor with three poles,
a NO and NC contact? that will switch instantly. Use Utility to power the
coil, it will switch to utility when the power is restored.

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 2:57 AM Jerry Shafer <jerrysgarag...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> There is the SMA Automatic transfer switch if you go with the SMA battery
> inverter and SMA pv inverter, it can be located seperate of the battery and
> inverter and will take up to 30 kwhrs. of capacity
> Just a thought
>
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2019, 10:52 PM Bill Hennessy <b...@berkssolar.com> wrote:
>
>> hi folks--
>>
>> We're installing a grid-tied, battery backup system on a farm where the
>> service entrance is on a pole in the yard. At the single-phase, 240v,
>> service entrance, there are two main breaker subpanels--one going to the
>> house and one to the barn. The buildings are each about 100 feet away from
>> the pole in opposite directions. The PV/battery system is located in the
>> barn. When utility power is lost and the battery backup kicks in, we are
>> looking for a way to bypass the house subpanel at the pole so it won't
>> backfeed the grid.
>>
>> When the grid drops out, we need to tie the backup power coming from the
>> barn to the line going to the house. We're thinking an automatic transfer
>> switch installed at the pole will do the job, but the transfer switches
>> seem to have built in delays to work with starting a generator. The
>> switch does not have to be service entrance rated.
>>
>> It looks like the Asco 300 series has time delay adjustments, but it is
>> pricey and has a seven-week lead time. (Thank-you PG&E)
>>
>> The battery backup system will switch over in milliseconds and we were
>> hoping to find something similar for the transfer operation at the pole.
>> We're
>> looking for something simple--hopefully a basic transfer switch that will
>> quickly switch and drop out when grid power is restored.
>>
>> Would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.
>>
>> regards, bill
>>
>> Bill Hennessy
>> Berks Solar, LLC
>> 371 Centennial Rd
>> Mertztown, PA 19539
>>
>> o 610 682 4300
>> c 484 560 4666
>> NABCEP certified installer
>> PA contractor #44411
>> www.berkssolar.com
>>
>> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

>> List rules & etiquette:
>> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>>
>> Check out or update participant bios:
>> www.members.re-wrenches.org

> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:

Chris Mason
Solar systems designer
Generac Generators Industrial technician

Comet Systems Ltd DBA Comet Solar
Anguilla Cell  264.235.5670
WhatsApp 264.235.5670
Skype: netconcepts