We've installed lots of Enphase, SolarEdge, and the various string
inverters over the years. As far as Enphase goes, our experience is not too
far from what Jason described - we had thousands of the M190/M210
generation installed and experienced a very high failure rate. Our failure
rate on those older systems seems to have stabilized. I think we're doing
maybe one Enphase micro replacement site call per month or so, which is
quite manageable. I do expect to continue to have a trickle of failures,
but they are now not too far out of line compared to our string inverter
failure rates (SMA/Fronious/ABB/Xantrex/Etc).

We've been installing SolarEdge on our small and medium commercial system
for the past few years with success. I don't think we've had a single
failure, but we don't do a ton on commercial, we have 20 sites in our
SolarEdge portfolio.

I think it's good to focus on features, price, reliability, service,
bankability, etc and continually reevaluate the companies and products on
the market. We have certainly stopped installing Enphase back in 2013 when
were seeing peak failures which was a good decision. But the newer
equipment has been solid. SMA, which had classically been our go-to string
inverter choice, just hasn't kept up with the market and their choices are
too complicated compared to the SunPower AC modules (with Enphase micros
built in) we're now installing. I'm sort of over DC systems for residential
projects, especially if thinking about the KISS model of trying to keep
everything as simple as possible. The wiring on an AC system is just
getting basically as simple as it gets - just two hots to wire up and it
doesn't even matter if you mix up the phasing.

Good luck out there everyone!

August
Luminalt