I'm presuming this is a breaker in a load center.
Breakers fail, that's not unusual. Breakers for inverters undergo constant
load so they will run hot all the time and will be prone to failure.
It may have always been out of tolerance, most applications never push the
breaker close to the limit.
I would just swap it and move on.

On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 2:13 PM Kirk Herander, VSE <kirkh@vermont.solar>
wrote:

> I have a system where the SE10000 inverter fried internally. The 60A AC
> output breaker tripped several times, as a result of the homeowner
> resetting over and over until he called me.
> I replaced the inverter under warranty and all is fine, except on sunny
> days the breaker will trip at about 40A, close to the max output of the
> inverter. Reset it outside of peak inverter output and its good. I assume
> the breaker has weakened from stress of some sort, so I replaced it and
> time will tell.
> Anyone ever seen a breaker have it's trip point reduced like this?
>
> *Kirk Herander / **kirkh@vermont.solar <kirkh@vermont.solar>*
>
> *Owner|Principal, VT Solar, LLC*
>
> *Celebrating our 30th Anniversary 1991-2021!!*
>
> *www.vermont.solar*
> <https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.vermontsolarnow.com&data=02%7C01%7C%7C9f0330d75a244870112408d685311841%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636842843233477645&sdata=0NjyuKeQbEK6245SNnk8X4XnP9Q%2B%2BqtvcALkdDghvk4%3D&reserved=0>
>
> dba Vermont Solar Engineering
>
> 802.863.1202

> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:

Chris Mason
Solar systems designer
Generac Generators Industrial technician

Comet Systems Ltd DBA Comet Solar
Anguilla Cell  264.235.5670
WhatsApp 264.235.5670
Skype: netconcepts