We did a setup with the Snap N Rack rack on a roof once.  We just used the recommended galvanized SCH 40.  Its basically a readily available product.  I would be careful with other types of steel tubing: make sure it will fit the fittings.  We actually retrofitted a Snap N Rack to some existing pipe ground mount racking, and it turned out to be a slightly different diameter. Big pain.  2nd, make sure its galvanized, which can also slightly change the fit. 3rd,  if the snow load is 100 lb/ sq ft, your total array loading might be over 30,000 lbs.  Is saving a few pounds on the steel really worth considering?  Seems like your post bases on the roof are going to take quite a bit of engineering to support the snow load.

Also, final note, the Snap N Rack setup doesn't do very good with uplift wind loading.  It just attaches with pinch bolts, so we had our one roof rack get sucked off the roof in a hurricane. We drilled holes and through bolted on the replacement array, but I'm sure we violated the Snap N Rack 10 commandments by doing that.

I would consider other racks that might get the tilt with separate rows, and be overall lower to the roof?  Possibly a ballasted system?

Ray Walters
Remote Solar
303 505-8760