The fuses are Ferraz Shawmut Trionic TR60R. 60A, 250V. I looked them up to
find that they are time delay, RK5 type.

I would imagine that there is monitoring, but not being my installation, I
don't have access to it. That's a good idea though to get access to see
when this is happening.

I am also waiting to hear back as to whether it is both legs, or only one.
I've been to the site only once so far, to initially diagnose the bad fuse.
At the time, I was hoping that it was just a bad fuse since everything else
looked okay.

Lloyd, thanks for the insulation tip. Next time I head out there, I should
pull out the wires and take a closer look. Unfortunately it's a line side
tap, so I'm not excited about removing the tap, but may be worth it if I
can't find anything else. Although come to think of it, I did find a ground
fault in the wires for another system at the same site, so the original
installers' wire pulling technique is certainly suspect.

Cheers,
Dave