Jay

That is possible.  Also the sorted cells are packaged in boxes that do not
match the number needed per module (and there is always some breakage
during soldering and layup) so it is likely that they are mixing lots at
some point or during repairs of strings that get broken.  Mixing higher
power cells with lower power will reduce the flash testing results and they
will have to sell that module for less.  Color matching not so much a
problem with flash testing but will change the operational temp of cells
and maybe not be as good as performers in the field.  When I see different
shades of cells I just think they are not paying attention to details in
their process and I start to question where else they may be slipping up
that really matters!  Again no data to prove that gut feel is correct!
Just think presentation is everything!