Hi Mac,

Might I ask what modules these are connected to? There is some history here
with Sunpower modules (and possibly other high power, high voltage
modules). In these cases the issue is the module. If that's the case I can
provide some more detail about it.

As for remote resetting, it is actually possible. Although it takes some
networking knowhow that I am not savvy enough to tell you the specifics. I
believe it is possible to remotely access the inverter through some kind of
port forwarding. So you can always reset the inverter by physically being
there and doing the right power cycle and taps (depending on the inverter
model), but you can also reset the arc fault through the computer (or smart
phone) inverter interface.

There is also one other thing you can try if there is no shading. At least
with the Sunpower module issue, the inverter would always trip when it does
an MPPT sweep. With the optitrac global peak that the sma inverters use,
they do a full MPPT sweep every 6 to 30 minutes. You can turn this off, and
sometimes that will stop the arc faults. But that also means that partial
shading can take out a whole string, rather than just a modules worth of
voltage.

Cheers,
Dave