I have used Snapn’Rack’s system with grade beams. It uses a sched 40 - 1½”
iron/galv pipe to achieve 90 MPH 3 sec micro burst rating for uplift. Please
verify if this is still available from SnR.  I am pretty sure that we needed
18# of concrete/sqft of PV module. I would have your structural engineer verify
this or whatever your local code calls for.

It’s a good system as long as you do not have frost heaving of the ground. I am
not sure that I would do this in snow country unless your engineer could
guaranty that there is a way to eliminate the frost heave.

And if you are going to have to do that much ground prep why not use a pier or
footing system?

Dana Orzel                              Great Solar Works, Inc.

C - 208.721.7003                       d...@solarwork.com

Idaho Contractor - # 028765         Idaho PV # 028374

NABCEP # 051112-136                       www.greatsolarworks.com
<http://www.greatsolarworks.com>

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"