I don't want to add a device that provides a separate (different) state of
charge than what is reported by the BMS itself. That is just going to lead
to confusion and complaints from the homeowner. I was hoping the Sol-Ark
could feed SOC and voltage information to a simple external display. I'm
leaning toward the cheap tablet idea, but that isn't ideal because the
Sol-Ark app doesn't automatically refresh, so it can't be used to display
the current SOC without physical interaction. I suppose I could use a web
browser with an auto-refresh feature. But this isn't really what I had in
mind.

Jason Szumlanski
Principal Solar Designer | Florida Solar Design Group
NABCEP Certified Solar Professional (PVIP)
Florida State Certified Solar Contractor CVC56956
Florida Certified Electrical Contractor EC13013208