   [1]https://offgridsolar1.com/ [2]  [1]
e-mail  offgridso...@sti.net
text 209 813 0060

On 2024-02-17 9:43 am, Drake Chamberlin via RE-wrenches wrote:

I fully agree that off grid solar has taken a major downturn. Once the equipment became software based, the reliability dropped. Sure, there are nice features available with these cyber enhanced systems, but the cost in reliability makes being energy independent off the grid hard to accomplish.

There are good reports on Samlex products. Has anyone tried their new 120/240 split phase units? Are they stack-able yet?

As far as batteries go, I'm pretty much in the Lead Head club, especially for off grid. That being said, lead acid batteries, especially AGMs have gotten really expensive and it seems the quality isn't what it used to be.

What is the best AGM battery these days?

Thanks,

Drake

---