Hello Didier,

Saturday, May 3, 2008, 8:57:22 AM, you wrote:

> on 5/2/08 8:40 PM, Marcus Boerger at [EMAIL PROTECTED] uttered the
> following:

>>   you can search around if anyone has any re2c binary for tru64. There are
>> a few open package repositories. Maybe one of them supports tru64 and if
>> you are lucky they also support re2c. Then you can install the package

> I looked but couldn't find any. It's not even part of the open source
> software on cd that comes with tru64.

>> system and re2c. If not then there really is no other way than getting a
>> C++ compiler to work. And it does not need to be GCC. Intel's compiler or
>> any other compiler will do. But when compiling you also need autotools and
>> bison.

> I've been trying to get the latest gcc installed, but it won't compile
> either, too many errors I can't correct.
> Where can I find that compiler from intel? And will it work on tru64?
> I have all the gnu tools, although some give a bit of trouble as well to
> compile properly, I have most of them working.

Just go to intel and look for software-compilers. But I have never seen a
tru64 maqchine in real life, not even got access to one. That said I am not
of any more help. GCC should work as long as it is GCC > 3.3 (GCC 4.0+
preferred).

--
Best regards,
 Marcus                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]