On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Louis P. Santillan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 2:36 AM, Gregg Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [SNIP]
>>
>> I'd also like to be able to generate javascript code so I can embed a
>> parser in a webpage.  Any idea how much work that would be?
> [SNIP]
>
> Greg,
>
> If you're looking to do parsing in a web page in JavaScript, you may
> be better off with trying something like JS/CC
> (http://jscc.jmksf.com/).  If you plan to use re2c in a web site, I'd
> hack up some AJAX trickery to do this work.

Louis,

Great, thanks for the pointer.  I haven't decided how I'm going to
arrange things yet, but I'll definitely take a hard look at JS/CC.

Still, I'm curious about targeting other languages from re2c.  As I
recall the original author wrote somewhere that it wouldn't be too
hard to do so, but I guess that could mean just about anything.  In
any case, multiple target languages would certainly make re2c more
attractive.  It's one of the things that makes Antlr attractive;
unfortunately I strongly prefer to work in C (C++ in a pinch) rather
than Java.  re2c + lemon is about as good as it gets.

-Gregg