Support Requests item #2455898, was opened at 2008-12-21 13:28
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by helly
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=616201&aid=2455898&group_id=96864

not just the latest update.
Category: Install Problem (example)
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I downloaded re2c-0.13.5 from this site, unpacked it in a dir on my VPS.
Executed the instructions:
./configure
make
obtained:
[~/src/re2c-0.13.5]$ ls -l re2c
-rwxr-xr-x  1 dirw vuser 1284763 Dec 21 05:10 re2c

On my pc (ubuntu):
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 148648 2008-04-03 13:50 /usr/bin/re2c

it's 8 time bigger.
I think there's a problem. In any case when I launch the first I have:
[~/src/re2c-0.13.5]$ ./re2c
Segmentation fault

what's up?
Claudio

P.S.
if you need any compile product please don't hesitate to contact me.

Date: 2008-12-29 17:05

Message:
This pretty much looks like an issue with your setup. Unfortunately I
cannot test gcc verison 3.4.6 or 4.2.4 and even if I could I'd need to know
the versions other helper programs used to build re2c.

The size difference is probably an effect of the different gcc versions
you have because re2c generates very different code on those two versions.
This difference might even cause your problems.

Since I do not have gcc 4.2 I tested both SVN head and 0.13.5 with gcc
4.3.2 which both work.
g++-4 (GCC) 4.3.2 20080827 (alpha-testing) 1
A list of other compilers used for the stable branch can be found here
http://re2c.org.

The only thing I can advice is the following. Download tools compatible
with your remote machine and use them to build re2c. In this case you might
even want to rebuild the configure script using ./autogen.sh. Alternatively
you could simply build on the remote machine. In either case this does not
appear to be a bug with re2c or its build system.

Comment By: lonejack (lonejack66)