Dear all,

Just writing to let you know that version 2.1 of the SystemTap
framework has shipped with a slightly modified version of re2c to
provide regular expression support in the scripting language
(currently, as an experimental feature).

systemtap project page -- http://sourceware.org/systemtap/
2.1 announcement -- http://sourceware.org/ml/systemtap/2013-q1/msg00130.html

On behalf of the entire SystemTap team, I would like to thank all of
the re2c developers and contributors for the creative and useful work
that went into re2c, and for making it freely available for use by
others. Using re2c's codebase was a good starting point for us, due to
the end product being self-contained C code rather than a data
structure, thus not requiring us to embed any DFA engine in the
SystemTap runtime environment.

As part of the work so far, I implemented basic support for the
anchoring operators ($ and ^) in the re2c engine. I plan to backport
this functionality to re2c and submit a patch for your consideration
fairly soon (releasing it into the public domain, so it can be
incorporated back into the re2c codebase). I hope to do the same with
any other upcoming improvements or fixes that it might make sense to
incorporate into re2c.

All the best,
        Serguei Makarov