Kartik Agaram
> You know, I've never known how to pronounce s-expressions either..
>
> ess expressions => tee expressions

That's how I pronounce s-expressions, and how I'd pronounce t-expressions.  But
that doesn't make it canonical :-).

I can see that having a simple "abbreviated" name is useful:
* An obvious abbreviation for curly-infix expression is "c-expression".  I
wouldn't like to *eliminate* the curly-infix name, but as an abbreviation it's
sensible.
* I can live with "t-expression" as an abbreviation for sweeT-expression,
especially, since "t" comes after "s" :-).

A *problem* with "modern" is that the term "M-expression" already has a meaning
- that is McCarthy's original (and discarded) programming notation.  We could
say moderN-expression abbreviates to "n-expression", but the "n" is not as
pronounced as the "t" in "sweet" is.  So I could see renaming
modern-expressions in particular.

But a new name is tricky, especially if there will be a *-expression
abbreviation:
- We could call it "function-expressions" since it permits traditional function
notation.  But that would abbreviate to "f-expression", which sounds way too
close to "f*'en expression".
- We could call it "prefix-expressions", but "p-expression" sounds exactly like
"pee expression".
Ugh.

The term "new-expression" abbreviates nicely to "n-expression", but they're all
new, and eventually they won't be.

The term "neoteric-expression" abbreviates nicely to "n-expression" as well,
and neoteric means "modern".  It's also an obscure enough word that it can't
possibly mean anything else :-).  If we have to switch from "modern", then
"neoteric" sounds like a start.

The current project name is "readable".  That's awkward to change, since I have
URLs and such, but possible.

Anyone have better ideas for names, or thoughts about the names?  Now's the
time.

--- David A. Wheeler