Am Mittwoch, 17. April 2013, 10:19:21 schrieb John Cowan:
> Arne Babenhauserheide scripsit:
>
> > I did not know that… I had thought that lisps had macros from very
> > early on.
>
> Oh yes.  Lisp implementations of all sorts have had macros of one kind
> or another, with the exception of very small implementations from earlier
> days.  But having macros and standardizing them are two different
> things.  Common Lisp standardized its low-level non-hygienic macros
> in CLtL1 (1984).  Scheme did not standardize its high-level hygienic
> macros until R4RS (1991), and then only in a non-normative appendix; full
> standardization did not come until R5RS (1998).  Low-level macros with
> optional hygiene-breaking were standardized by R6RS (2007); they were
> excluded from the small language of R7RS, but will reappear in some form
> in the large language.

Wow… so that’s actually pretty recent research. To think that I took my Emacs
Lisp macros for granted…

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Arne
--
A man in the streets faces a knife.
Two policemen are there it once. They raise a sign:

    “Illegal Scene! Noone may watch this!”

The man gets robbed and stabbed and bleeds to death.
The police had to hold the sign.

…Welcome to Europe, citizen. Censorship is beautiful.

   ( http://draketo.de/stichwort/censorship )