That would mean that CommunicationModule did not load during startup, or if
it did then put a breakpoint to CommunicationModule.cpp line 145 if that
doesent hit then jabber is not supported for your OS/or something. I would
think if your module loads then this should be no problem. So see the
startup prints to see if the module loads, I suspect gstreamer is not setup
correctly if you are on linux. If the module does not load world chat wont
work either (this is to be fixed by splitting up communication module at
some point due world chat part doesent need gstreamer for anything).

The button toggles visibility for the widget but communication module is the
one who comes and gives the widget to toggle.

Best regards,
Jonne Nauha
realXtend developer

http://www.realxtend.org/