I was kind of afraid at first because I heard it could dry out quickly but I have never had a problem with it. I think my husband was kind of afraid to let me work with it at first but one day when I was by myself I just tried it and I have never...well looked back.
Lora
At 02:52 PM 1/8/07, you wrote:
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 14:52:57 -0500
From: "Sherri Crum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: RecipesAndMore@googlegroups.com
Subject: [RecipesAndMore] Re: question: what is Phyllo?
Sender: RecipesAndMore@googlegroups.com
        <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Syl,

I'll take a shot at it.

Phylo is a very thin pastry. A little different than pie crust--I
think because it is very, very, thin.

Imagine something like an apple turnover. Do you remember the very
thin layer of stuff (crust) on top? It is like that.

I am familiar with phylo because in Greek things, Baklava, Spanikopeta
... they use phylo.

It seems to me as though it would be very difficult to work with
because it dries out very quickly and usually, you use several sheets
kind of stacked together.

Sorry for my ineptness. Hope it helps somehow.

Sherri